For a powerful planet
NUKEM is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Cameco Corporation. Based in Germany (NUKEM GmbH) and the United States (NUKEM, Inc.), it is focused on the civil nuclear fuel market. NUKEM acts as a market intermediary between uranium producers (and other parties in the nuclear fuel chain) and nuclear-electric utilities in North and South America, Europe and the Far East.
NUKEM GmbH, based in Alzenau, Germany, together with its subsidiary company NUKEM, Inc., based in Danbury, Ct. USA, act as market intermediaries in the physical markets for uranium, conversion and enrichment services.
NUKEM is most prominent in the uranium spot market (deliveries in under one year), a venue in which it has sometimes been the single largest supplier. For many years, NUKEM has been among the top five or six uranium suppliers to nuclear utilities world-wide.
Beyond the nuclear fuel business, NUKEM also markets beryllium metal as well as its alloys and compounds used in various consumer electronics devices.
Outstanding features of the NUKEM team include both depth of experience in the nuclear industry and educational attainment.
To read more about the NUKEM team, click on the link below.
Uranium has to pass though several transformational stages before it becomes fuel for a nuclear reactor. To read more, click on the links below.
A useful reference for anyone who needs to compute nuclear fuel prices or content
(English notation required)
NUKEM History.pdf (365 KB)
- American Nuclear Society
- Deutsches Atomforum
- Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft e.V.
- European Nuclear Society
- Foratom, European Atomic Forum
- Informationskreis Kernenergie
- International Energy Agency
- JAERI, Japan Atomic Energy Institute
- Kernenergie für junge Leute
- Kerntechnische Gesellschaft e.V.
- Nuclear Energy Institute
- NucNet - The World's Nuclear News Agency
- USIC - United States Industry Coalition, Inc.
- VDEW, Verband der Elektrizitätswirtschaft
- VGB, Vereinigung der Großkraftwerkbetreiber e.V.
- Wirtschaftsverband Kernbrennstoff-Kreislauf e.V.
- WNTI - World Nuclear Transport Institute
- World Nuclear Association
- YGN, European Young Generation Network